Thursday, July 5, 2007

Moving On

To my readers,

When starting this blog back in February, I had no idea where life would take me. In late February, I attended a 2-day class on Lean Software Development. While I had read the Poppendieck books and had made the connection between Lean and Agile, I was eager to get more perspective.

I attended the course at Net Objectives headquarters in Bellevue, Washington (a short 3 hour drive away). Alan Shalloway, the CEO, conducted the course. I had found out about Net Objectives through their podcast called Lean Agile Straight Talk. I already knew the podcasts were very good, but the class exceeded all expectations. Not only was Alan very inspiring and knowledgeable on the topic, but I felt right at home with the material and soaking in every bit of knowledge from Alan. While there, Alan and the rest of the staff that I got to meet left a big impression with me.

Several weeks later, I got an email from Net Objectives wanting to do a blogging project with me. They had been impressed with Leaning towards Agility and wanted to collaborate together on something. It was at that time that I expressed my interest in seeing if there was a longer term engagement available. While there wasn't anything available at the beginning, we kept the conversation going while building a relationship.

I am happy to announce that I will be joining Net Objectives in mid August, as one of their Senior Consultants. Initially, I will be an Agile Mentor/Coach for their clients and then hope to expand into other areas of the organization. As part of that, I am retiring this blog and you will see me soon on the Net Objectives Thoughts blog.

I know it was a short time, but I appreciate the support I received by you. I am not going away by any means and you can expect me to be even a greater force in the Lean and Agile community in the months to come. Thanks!

9 comments:

Martin Cron said...

Congrats. This should be a good move for you.

I'm currently working with Velocity Partners, which is a consulting company which was until recently part of NetObjectives. It's a great group of people to work with.

If you're coming to Seattle, I'll probably run into you eventually.

-Martin

clarke said...

Congratulations on the new job.

Clarke Ching

Raven said...

Many congrats Skip - Sounds like an excellent opportunity! Don't keep us waiting for too long on the next blog!

Best o' luck!

gogle said...

Awesome! what a heavy beautiful blog
full software download Full software download

rtfgvb798 said...

IS VERY GOOD..............................

mustafa said...

man its a beautiful blog and very useful for every onefull software download

aisha said...

1978 Toyota Cressida AC Compressor
I have read a few good stuff here. Certainly worth bookmarking for revisiting. I wonder how much effort you put to create such a fantastic informative site.

sheena said...

I enjoyed your post. It’s a lot like college – we should absorb everything we can but ultimately you need to take what you’ve learned and apply it.
Chevy W6 Turbocharger

Anonymous said...

Read all the related Posts:


Basic of VBScript Language for QTP

Introduction to QTP (QuickTest Professional) Part2

Introduction to QTP (QuickTest Professional) Part3

Introduction to QTP (QuickTest Professional) Part4

Basic of VBScript Language for QTP


Read all the related Posts:

64 Software Manual Testing Interview Questions

Answers To Common Job Interview Questions

Behavioral Questions In Interviews

Questions to Ask at an Interview

Competency based Interview Questions